The War of the Worlds Study and Listening Guide builds essential listening and analysis of music skills for junior secondary* music students.
- 43 page study guide in pdf format, audio and video files and an original arrangement for school band.
- Spotify playlist link for related listening
- Terms and Signs
- Assessment Tasks
- Composer profile: John Williams
- Film Music
- Functions of Film Music
- Film Music Composition Devices and Techniques
- Neo-Classical music
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone soundtrack description
- Context and Review
- Visual Listening Guide
- Element Review
- Composition – composing motifs
*Junior secondary includes: year 9 & 10 (NZ), year 8 & 9 (AU,UK,USA)